Kill yr boyfriend


Who remembers the band Bis? They were pretty much my soundtrack from 1997-2003. Bratty, anti-corporate, crusaders against media standards. They were the punks I wanted to hang out with who not-so-secretly also loved listening to top 40 radio. After a string of albums released on The Beastie Boy's label Grand Royal, and their final album "Return To Central" on spinArt, Bis broke up. That was pretty much the day I decided life would never be good anymore. They accomplished an insane amount of press for an indie band, being the first unsigned artists to play the UK's Top OF The Pops, selling 100,000 copies of their debut album in Japan, and oh yeah, being responsible for the end theme of The Powerpuff Girls.



Manda Rin (vocalist, keyboardist) has recently released her first proper post-Bis solo album, "My DNA" on US label Retard Disco. I am so fucking happy. She has taken the sound of Bis and made it a little smoother, more groove oriented, and definately more disco. Buy the album if you like it, cause it's a pretty good party album.

Manda Rin - Love To Hate You

Manda Rin - Guilty Pleasure

I had to upload these myself as I own the album and there are NO MP3 SAMPLES ANYWHERE ON THE WEB. Obviously, if they contact me I will take them down. Actually, if Manda Rin contacted me, I think I'd die before being able to delete the links.

0 comments:

Post a Comment