Fucked for life


Once in a while, a band comes along where it takes me years to get into (Animal Collective, anyone? I'm still not that into them) and then I see a picture of them and I just want to die. Dirty Projectors is one of those bands. Is there even an ugly member in that band? No! I'd even do the drummer, who is cute, but you know my aversion to white boys (Dave Longstreth doesn't count, he totes looks half-latino, so I can jump on that bandwagon). Seriously, there is too much cute in that band. One time at work, there was too much cute at this one table, I had to go on a smoke break. Dirty Projectors is my table 46 from sunday brunch. And for once, I also like their music, unlike a certain band that starts with "T" and ends in "he Horrors" (just cause Lux Interior is dead doesn't mean we need a grade b version of The Cramps). Now I know this is a queer media blog, but honestly, so many of my favorite bands fall into these categories:

1. They aren't queer
2. I have no idea if they're queer
3. They're 1 Corona away from being queer

Ugghhhhhh, a boy can dream. Here are some samples:

Dirty Projectors - Stillness Is The Move
(MP3 @ You Ain't No Picasso, a totes cute blog)

Dirty Projectors - Hyperballad (Bjork cover)


Seriously, who can so "no" to this mug? Even if it's a drawing. God, this is worse than the time my frienemy Steve in highschool admitted he had a crush on Quinn Morgandorfer from MTV's Daria. Oh yeah, pick up their new album "Bitte Orca" on June 9th courtesy of Domino Records.

0 comments:

Post a Comment