Give me every little thing


The Juan MacLean has always been a favorite of mine. Blasting out dancefloor gems where machine meets the organic in a harmonious way, they pretty much destroyed my car speakers 2005-2007. Growing up in Boston, I had heard of John MacLean's pre-Juan Providence, RI band Six Finger Satellite (I honestly was not all that impressed but then again I was really into my own punk band at the time). When they broke up, obvi I was not really saddened and not expecting anything else from this man...And then we, the American public, were given his debut "Less Than Human". Did that album even have any bad songs on it? It was like a DFA fuckfest. It was everything labelmates The Rapture weren't, which was um, melodic and catchy.

Fast forward 4 years later, Nancy Whang (Of LCD Soundystem) has joined the line-up and they have released another classic album "The Future Will Come" on DFA Records. I fucking hate those 2. Like, the amount of talent I have in my whole body they totally have in their pinky finger. The beats are insane on this album and the vocal interplay between John and Nancy, it's like, these 2 were meant for one another. Recently, they have put out a remix EP for their single "One Day" which quite honestly, if the original can outshine some and keep up with the remixes, that's a job well done.

The Juan MacLean - One Day

The Juan MacLean - One Day (James Curd Remix)

0 comments:

Post a Comment