Children get older


This is a cover of "Landslide" by the PS22 Elementary school choir. Um...why did they not have this at my elementary school? These kids are amazing. Also the guy is pretty hot too. I guess you can make song requests on their official blog page, so if there are enough requests for "Bombs Over Baghdad", do you think they'd do it? Wait, scratch that, I want to hear a cover of "I Met Him On A Sunday"!!! They've done covers of Tori Amos, Crowded House, and Megadeth. OK, one of those 3 bands is a lie and you have to guess which one. They've also done back-up vocals for Passion Pit!!!!

OK seriously, I love these kids. They're so inspiring. And I don't know their situation but it really does shed a light in my mind on the disappearance of art programs in the public school systems. When I was growing up, we didn't have that stuff and I had to pay out the butt to go to private school just to get into a photography lab. LAME. School shouldn't be like that. Anyways, there are tons of charities out there to donate to for multiple things, but my favorite is Donors Choose because it's super specific.

Oh also, I didn't have a music program in school. Well I did, but we sat in a classroom that you had to go through like, the wood shop for to get to and the teacher was soooooo cranky and kept showing us videos of like, that Shirley Temple movie "Heidi". Mr. B (as is listed on the blog profile, I assume stands for Mr. Beautiful) looks like the teacher I wish I had in elementary school. UGHHHH I'M SO JEALOUS OF THESE KIDS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment