I Can't Sleep


So here is a picture of me jamming out on a light up tambourine at Korean karaoke...

January has been a shitty month. All the shits happen in January. It's cold, the number of crazies who've stumbled in to work far outweigh the cute and fun people, and to top things off, I need to go to the dentist. Sometimes I hate my life. But I find myself at 6:20am bored out of my mind and playing music way too loud. The one good thing about this year so far? The jams. January and so far February have brought back bands who've either been gone too long or are finally hitting their stride.


Staygold - Backseat (ft. Spank Rock, Damien Adore & Lady Tigra)

Staygold have released their single entitled "Backseat" and it's a romper. Spank Rock drops by to drop a few bars and LADY TIGRA does backups and other random chants. It's just real good to hear her doing stuff. L'Trimm needs to do some reunion shows. Anyways, this song is like eating Nerds Rope.


Lo-Fi-Fnk - Marchin' In

Lo-Fi-Fnk fans rejoice! A song has become available from their forthcoming sophomore album in 2010. Therefore we can dance AND look at cute Swedes. Conundrum solved.


Mapei - Public Enemy (ft. Spank Rock)

Spank Rock is everywhere these days yeah? After their booty poppin' EP with Benny Blanco, Spank Rock has been all over the place guesting on tracks and whatever. Mapei recently released her digital EP "Cocoa Butter Diaries" on iTunes (produced by DJ Mehdi), and dropped this song all over my ass. She has also made appearances for Major Lazer and has scored herself a deal with Downtown Records (Kid Sister, Spank Rock, Justice, Mos Def). Goddamn.


SNSD - Show Show Show

SNSD released a new album recently, and through my lack of words, you can tell I'm not all that excited about it. Out of 12 songs, 3 have already been released, there is 1 subpar single, and some bad ballads. But the 1 shining saviour of the album? The house influenced pop ditty "Show Show Show". Really, any of the singers could be interchangeable at this point, but the main focus for me is whoever produced the fuck out of this song. As a genre, video game house mixes need to debut in 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment