Gaggle


As much as I may complain about Pitchfork being douchey, I still read it. Most of the time they are falling all over themselves about Animal Collective or Thom Yorke or something, but sometimes they hit on something I've never heard before that actually interests me. Such is the case with London based-22 strong-all girl "alt choir" Gaggle.

Gaggle are kind of like an exploded Telepathe or maybe a post apocalyptic Spice Girls or a giant Chicks on Speed reboot. They have just enough dark and quirk to be pretty much awesome and I'm glad I arrived at the party (albeit a little late). You can check out Gaggle on Myspace and look for their debut single I Hear Flies on March 8th from Transgressive Records. In the meantime, check out I Hear Flies and a couple of other tracks below!




Gaggle - I Hear Flies


Gaggle - Crows (Spawn of Gaggle Remix)


Gaggle - Hidden Army

1 comments:

Nicholas said... / February 10, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

You're right on about Pitchfork but this is why I keep reading it too...mayve never would have heard of Gaggle this soon otherwise. Thanks for the tracks--I can't wait for a full album.

Post a Comment