the xx



Here's what I know about the xx. 2 boys, 2 girls. 19yrs. British.

I'm usually not hyped up on "buzz bands" (see: The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, other boring indie crap...), but I really do like the xx. Their girl/boy vocals and mellow electronics draw me in and keep me wandering around in their hazy landscape of pop...and that's a nice place to be.

Their record is out now and is available through Rough Trade. Also, if you buy the CD version you get a bonus disc featuring 3 cover songs. So check it out!

Here are a couple of the tracks floating around the internet and the a really cute acoustic version of Crystalised Romy & Oliver did for Amsterdam Acoustics. (Also jump over here to check out their mix for Fact Magazine)

The blogging world LOVES the xx...maybe you will too?




the xx - basic space


the xx - hot like fire (aaliyah cover)

0 comments:

Post a Comment