Temporary pleasures


A while ago, I wrote about Simian Mobile Disco's follow up record "Temporary Pleasure" and gave out an mp3 featuring Chris Keating from Yeasayer. Well more songs have leaked since then and one of them features Beth Ditto of the Gossip. Continuing in the vein of slinky, sexy jams, "Cruel Intentions" is as much a single as a companion piece to "Audacity Of Huge". Beth's vocals are more restrained then her usual fare of punk screams and big vibrato. But it really suits the music very well so I'm re-excited for this record to come out.

Also strangely, the picture above comes from like, a 2006/2007 issue of Pop! magazine (it's more like the thickness of a book, I don't know what they're talking about calling it a magazine) that I have lying around my apartment. Beth did a photo shoot for them with some skinny male model as well as interviewing Yoko Ono, but really all my attention was on the fact that all these high end brands were finally making clothes that fit the majority of America. And she looked DAMN good.

Simian Mobile Disco - Cruel Intentions (ft. Beth Ditto)

0 comments:

Post a Comment