Unlady like


If you're like me, everyday is a struggle between the cool and commercial. The hipster and the bland. The know and the oblivious. It pains you to listen to Britney Spears, but you do it because you secretly love "Womanizer". You pretend to be vegan but get wet at the thought of a grilled cheese. Sometimes a kid just needs to fag out. That is why I love the UK's newest girlband Girls Can't Catch. Unfortunately, I do not love their name. Their first single "Keep Your Head Up" has been bouncing around for a bit now, but finally a studio version has appeared and it is a euro club banger. Pop overseas has always been more influenced by electro and techno, so it's no surprise that Girls Aloud's producers Xenomania have carried that trend over to Girls Can't Catch. Electric guitars wail, synths pump out basslines so thick I couldn't deepthroat it, and the three members chant a chorus so icy it turns the song into a threat. I do love my indie bag of bullshit but every now and then (ok, like, every other day) a carefully picked single from the man's corporate machine is just as memorable.

Girls Can't Catch - Keep Your Head Up

0 comments:

Post a Comment