Almost too sexy for the club


The Sugababes are a weird band for me. Less consistent sound-wise compared to Girls Aloud, the Sugababes have had more singles flop recently than their UK girl group counter parts (as I'm writing this, someone is blasting Lady Gaga outside my window and I'm not happy). However, musically, they take more chances than most pop groups around. Their new single "Get Sexy" is getting ready to be released after their failed album "Catfights & Spotlights" and its bum of singles "Girls" and "No Can Do". I thought that album was pretty killer, so I dunno. They seemed to have switched up their sound again, going for more electro dancefloors and signing a US record deal with Jay-Z (they had some measure of success with "Hole In The Head" on the Billboard charts years ago). The new single almost resembles the Paradiso Girls, in that Lil' Jon sounding production kind of way. I mean, it'll be sure to get the gays and trixies dancing, but as for the mainstream and underground, I don't know if it'll have that much of an impact. This is probably when you should break-up, especially since Mutya is no longer in the band.

Sugababes - Get Sexy


Here they are singing "Lady Marmalade". I'd like it if they weren't overshadowed by Whitney Houston and Patti Labelle getting buck in all the wrong kind of ways.

0 comments:

Post a Comment