More Gay Dreams


Sometimes gay dudes like to sleep a lot. OK, that's mostly just me, and it's usually unintentional how long I sleep. Like today, I had a full day planned but of course my stupid ass just slept the whole thing through because I'm fucking stupid. But you know, sometimes you just need to do that. That's usually when the best dreams happen and you can actually REMEMBER them (fyi: I never remember my dreams usually. Todays dream: My roommate took in a stray dog that peed all over everything).

The masterpiece as of late used for the soundtrack for sleep has been Jonsi & Alex and their gay instrumentals. As you know from prior posts, Jonsi is from sleepcore, shoegazer, faggy bedtime jammers Sigur Ros. Alex is his boyfriend who also makes music and other art. "Riceboy Sleeps" has been an unexpected treasure for this disGUSTing winter season so far. And now we've been informed that Jonsi is releasing a proper solo outing due in March 2010 via XL Recordings.

"Boy Lilikoi" is the name of the leaked song, and I love it. It's the perfect blend of Sigur Ros and not Sigur Ros. There are elements of folk, electronica, and Dntel that make my gay sleeper brain go completely mental. I love bedtime jams and this one is the definite best of 2009 thus far. I've also been spelling "definite" as "definate" for the past goddamn year and not ONE OF YOU TOLD ME I WAS SPELLING IT WRONG.

BEDTIMES JAMZZZZ:

Jonsi - Boy Lilikoi

Rose Elinor Dougall - Start/Stop/Synchro (Demo)

The Honeydrips - Fall From A Height

Yoko Ono - Revelations (ft. Cat Power)

0 comments:

Post a Comment