Alt Rap Bitches


Now as you know, my freaky ass love me some rap bitches. What I love even more than rap bitches are ALT-RAP BITCHES. Bitches who actually flaunt what they got without a lame ass major label (I can honestly say I have no love for record labels from prior experience. DIY, kids). Has anyone ever hung out at the VFW with Foxy Brown? NO. The only one brave enough to do that is Kid Sister in a panda bear sweater mini dress (Girl looked faboosh that night). Does Lil' Kim post Craigslist ads for her rap services? No, she's too busy gettin' crunk in the F4M and lord knows what other sections. Jean Grae keeps it classy and posts for 16 bars lyrically. And does Trina unintentionally show a slip of the nip? No, she brandishes those puppies for all the world to see and doesn't give a fuck. Uffie slaps on some neon dress and calls it a malfunction. LOVE.

But as of late, our alt-rap bitches have been taking breathers. Jean Grae released an unauthorized album put out by Blue Sky Black Death (Which is amazing, and they better PAY HOMEGIRL). Uffie is gearing up to release her first full length LP in 2010 after getting preggers and touring for-ev-er. And Kid sister finally released an album this year full of party rap. Unfortunately half the tracks we already knew. What is going on with my alt-rap bitches? STEP IT UPPPPPPPP.

2010 will be the year. If I have to make drunk white girl rap my goddamn self, so be it. Gay dudes love party music, and where there is a will, there is a way. Ke$ha, you don't count sadly, as working with Benny Blanco (who coproduces with Dr. Luke) does not constitute underground even though I love me some jewfro producer and he did work with Spank Rock. And he's hot. So hot. What's a Korean-American Jew to do?

Smack it:

Kid Sister - Life On TV

Jean Grae - Threats (ft. Chen Lo)

Uffie - MC's Can Kiss (Radio Rip)

VINTAGGGGEEEEE:

ESG - Erase You

0 comments:

Post a Comment