The Best of 2009 According To...


Our dear friends Sgt. Sass!!! They've been around for a couple years delivering queer raps to Philly and the east coast (I'm so jealous) and it's quite a weird story of how I came to know of them. Back when I was a little boy growing up in Massachusetts, we would use a little online blogging tool called LiveJournal. Maybe you've heard of it? Anyways, one day I was randomly posting something about how terrible my life was (Which really, it wasn't all that bad. But you know how teenagers think EVERYTHING is important), and I received a lovely message from DT about something (Sleater-Kinney, Le Tigre, Bikini Kill, etc. I dunno what it was, but it was probably one of those 3 topics). From that point on, an internet friendship developed from a love of punk rock, riot grrrl, being weird gays, and being eastie buddies. I even met up with him in Philly cause I got family over there. That day I bought cigarettes without getting carded (I had just turned 18) and I picked up The Kills' first EP. It was a great day. Then I had to board the stupid ass train back to Boston. Ugh. A few years later, DT was like "Oh hey, I'm working on a queer rap group" and I was like, THE WORLD IS YOURS. I think the first song I heard was "I'll Take Your Man", and I knew at that point shit was gonna blow up big. Anyways, I continually wish the best for DT, Sgt. Sass, and KD (Who I haven't met yet, but I'm absolutely sure that the situation with fix itself in the near future). 2010 is the year of weirdo gays. No longer will we have to be the minority in a sea of dudes sporting faux hawks and I dunno, what are the dudes sporting these days? Is it still Abercrombie? WE SHALL OVERCOME. A huge thanks to Sgt. Sass for partaking. You can find any information about tours, jams, etc. at their MYSPACE PAGGGEEE.

After the cut!

KD of Sgt. Sass
Top 10 list in random order:
1. Michael Jackson
2. Everything Lady Gaga did
3. "Relapse" by Emimem
4."The End" by Black Eyed Peas
5. J.J. Abrams' "Star Trek". That's sexy!
6. The alleged bitch slapping of Perez Hilton
7. The Obamas
8. Auto Tune discussions
9. The MoMa for having some kick ass gallery this year. I heart art.
10. TMZ

DT of Sgt. Sass
Top 10 list in random order:
1. The XX
2. Lee Daniel's "Precious"
3. The HEALTH show at the First Unitarian Church, Philadelphia
4. Philadelphia Fashion Week
5. Lady Gaga's MTV Video Music Awards performance of "Paparazzi"
6. Nicki Minaj
7. "Heads Will Roll" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs
8. Aries Noise (formerly LEIF) performance at PREGAME, Philadelphia
9. The making and the final product of the "Demonstrate" video
10. Channelling Warhol and Basquiat


Sgt. Sass - I'll Take Your Man (JAPATTACK! Remix)


Sgt. Sass - Faggot Snappin' (JAPATTACK Body Remix)

0 comments:

Post a Comment