I can't believe I sat through that

Photobucket
The world wide web is being weird today so I had to sit around for 5 minutes trying to remember what we did before Blogger made all the picture HTMLs for us. Oh yeah, I forgot about Photobucket. Anyways...

Sometimes, once in a blue moon, I like to test the limits of my mind by attempting to listen to really long songs. I was really convinced spring of '07 that I had ADD so since then it's always test test test the mind, cause you know, a long song for me is anything past the 2 minute and 30 second mark. I'm trying to resmart myself. And secretly, and I'm telling people cause NOBODY told me if you break down the song in your head into like, 3 counts of 3 minutes, it's totally just listening to 3 songs. In 1. You can do it. BUT NOT WITH TOMMIE SUNSHINE BROOKLYN FIRE DUBS. That's a story I'll tell later.

It helps NOT to listen to narrative story songs about something smart or whatever. I love Nick Cave, but I cannot listen to "O'Malley's Bar" straight through. EVER. Bitch needs a smoke break halfway through. Remixes can be easier to swallow, if it's an interesting remix and if it upstages the original somehow. Those stupid ass like, faux 12" extended mix things never fail to grind my gears. Cause half the time, it's just like, 4 bars repeated for 18 minutes. Homegirl wants more than that, so you gotta find something GOODZ: 70's gay disco anthems, DFA mixes, stealing hip songs back from the hipsters (Haus Of Jealous Lovers), and then if you just want to break all those rules, Of Montreal. Doesn't matter what, cause their albums are all 1 song with 32948242 different parts mashed together and that 1 song has like, a gabillion other parts too.

Also here is my stupid person tip: For whatever cosmic reason there is, all these longs songs seem to get real cute around the 3 minute mark.

My faves:

Goldfrapp - Slide In (DFA Remix)

The Juan MacLean - Happy House

Studio - Out There

Pink Skull - Marangatang
You can download this as well as other songs on their official website

Sylvester - You Make Me Feel (Mighty Real)

Sleater-Kinney - Let's Call It Love

0 comments:

Post a Comment