Chillin' with my Kool-Aid


The UK sure is lucky. Their resident girl bands have all released singles and albums within 2009 (Minus the titans Girls Aloud) and I couldn't be happier. Cause here in the US, we don't have that genre of music readily available. Sure we got plenty of pop bitches singing whatever (Proof: I have been woken up by Lady Gaga on more than one occasion. Don't ever live on a street corner by a stop light anywhere remotely close to the gay area of whatever city if you don't like her cause it WILL HAPPEN). However, we haven't actually had a successful girl group in the US since...Danity Kane? And Diddy broke that shit up. Who was the last girl band anyways? Oh right. The Pussycat Dolls don't count. UK has it good, man. Their girl bands take influence from electronica and other random styles of music. I'm so sick of hip hop pop whatever. Club hop? The only person who should be in the category at your local Coconuts should be Missy Elliott.

As US citizens, we have been greatly robbed. No longer can I relegate friends to Ginger while I selfishly take the Posh role. No longer does America have ladies who sing, dance, act, and happen to be BFFs FOR REAL. So we gotta steal from the motherland.

Mini Viva - I WIsh (Cahill Radio Edit)

Sugababes - About A Girl

The Saturdays - One Shot

TLC - Diggin' On You (VINTAGGGgggeeee)

0 comments:

Post a Comment