I'm finally impressed by a DJ Tiesto track


So a couple weeks ago, we posted the Tiesto track off his forthcoming album "Kaleidoscope". Tegan and Sara graced the track with their vocals (OK seriously, how are they still around because I will never really like them but when they are featured I have no problem). Finally, we have a preview of the title track featuring Jonsi of Sigur Ros aka our Icelandic gay friend who JUST put out an album with his BF Alex. Love it. It's a really atmospheric track and sounds way more like Sigur Ros gone electro than a Tiesto track. That's the first sign that I will like it. Second off, it's a slinky, wistful track that's the perfect 7 minute + soundtrack to the end of summer. Actually, I think summer ended but it does not feel like it. Especially in Chicago, y'all.

Go listen to the track @ Pitchfork.

Eventually, it crescendoes into the last 2 minutes of the perfect end of summer drive. Thanks Tiesto for finally making a song I can put my heart into.

0 comments:

Post a Comment