Carrie Brownstein: The Comedienne

At one point in my life I think I would have traveled to the ends of the Earth to see Sleater Kinney. I never made it quite that far, but I did see them like 5 or 6 times across the period of many years. My favorite part of that band was most definitely Carrie Brownstein. I loved the way she played guitar and her not so great/great singing voice...and she was the cutest one. Sleater Kinney, of course, broke up a few years back and Carrie has been pretty quiet on the music scene since (although she does do a music blog called Monitor Mix on NPR).

I thought maybe she'd start another band or do a solo project or become a DJ or something (that IS what everyone does now, right?) but no, she started a comedy duo with SNL's Fred Armisen called ThunderAnt. Who knew Car-bear was a comedienne? They've been making videos since 2007, but I've been out of the loop I guess.

Check out a clip I found on PaperMag.com where Carrie and Fred kind of stalk Glenn Danzig (as part of Molly Schiot's Check You Out series) and some other ThunderAnt sketches after the cut.

Totally weird, but pretty funny.









0 comments:

Post a Comment