P.opular S.ky (section ish)


I love it when I remember to look into artists I like to see if they've made anything new and they HAVE made something new! That's exactly what happened when I went to Ryan Trecartin's vimeo page. Ryan Trecartin, as you probably know, is a Philadelphia based visual and video artist known for his psychedelic and psychotic video comments/parodies of family, pop culture, the internet, gender, identity and everything in between. His latest work P.opular S.ky (section ish) continues with the internet/global/trashy Amercian culture themes, warped voices, fake tan and fake pale faces, and general frenetic pace set in K.CoreaINC.K (section a) and Sibling Topics (section a). In short, another genius video.

I could go on trying to describe his work but my words can't possibly do it justice, so just WATCH. If you like what you see here, check out some of his older stuff on his YouTube page. Also, I've included a DJ mix from LA's DJ Total Freedom & Nguzunguzu (Total Freedom can be seen in some of Trecartin's work) and a track from Nguzunguzu's new EP. Enjoy!

P.opular S.ky (section ish) from Ryan Trecartin on Vimeo.



DJ Total Freedom & Nguzunguzu - Wildness (Club Vortex
Mixtape)



Nguzunguzu - Got You

0 comments:

Post a Comment