Queer moments in history--2002


In 2002, Electroclash was a sensation, Sleater-Kinney was a band, and I could still drink until 6 in the morning and go to class at 9--but one of the coolest parts of 2002 was seeing a band that only existed for one tour, Jacqueline Bon Bon. 


Sometime in 2002 (I can't really remember when, see above) Tracy + the Plastics played at my college (Antioch RIP) and brought with "them" a 3 girl band from Olympia nobody ever heard of.  Consisting of Anna Oxygen, Kelly Chambers, and Kitty Jensen, Jacqueline Bon Bon had one keyboard, a bass guitar, microphones, cute wardrobes and cuter songs and quickly became the best band I ever heard that only ever recorded five songs. 

I remember trying to keep up with Jacqueline Bon Bon, always hoping they would, you know, make an album. Or tour. Or make just one more song! They never did.

I would've loved to hear whatever they came up with if they had kept making music together, but I guess here's hoping for the reunion tour!

Here are 2 of those 5 songs that ruled 2002 for me. I hope you like them...I know you will. 


Want Me to Want You

Kelly and Kitty Want to Hang Out

1 comments:

Max said... / May 12, 2009 at 8:26 PM  

Thank you so, SO much for posting these, I have been looking for Jacqueline Bon Bon's songs for YEARS to no avail. These are incredible, thank you so much. Is there any way I could get the remaining three? (Esp. since they aren't available anywhere).

Post a Comment