Gossip about Gossip



My upstairs neighbors are jamming to "Rock You Like a Hurricane", I'd kind of like to hear the Gossip cover that.

Although that's probably not going to happen, but Beth Ditto did talk about some details of the upcoming Gossip record during an interview she did for the latest issue of Out Magazine.

In the interview Beth let it be known that "Music for Men", the band's 4th full-length record, will be coming out June 22 and was produced by Rick Rubin. Rubin, as you probably know, has produced a song or an album for pretty much everyone you've ever heard of so who knows what to expect from the new Gossip album!

Actually, I do. Out Magazine described it only as Out Magazine could by saying: (the album is) "Reportedly sprinkled with more of that Europop-disco sound that has served Kylie Minogue so well...". I kind of think that's the dumbest description of anything I've ever heard, but if that means they are making a more dance oriented record, I'm all for it! I played the remixes from their last album to death, so I can only imagine good stuff to come from this.


The first single off Music for Men, "Heavy Cross" is slated for release June 15  and the Gossip will be touring later this Summer. Can you wait? Me neither! 

If you'd like to read more of what Beth Ditto said in Out Magazine, you can do that here.

If you'd like to dance and sing and imagine Beth Ditto singing Rock You Like a Hurricane, you can click the links below!

Listen Up! (Punx Jump Up Remix) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment