You and Emil and everyone we know


Emil is a hard man to find. He is not that of famed actor Emile Hirsch, nor is he "Emil and Friends", a Christian band spreading the word one song at a time. Nor have I heard of his last name (Though I read somewhere it was Hewlitt? Whatever). There are barely any pictures of him on his Myspace or on the world wide web. Instead, all we get is a picture of the top of his head. Fine. Whatever, Emil.

Hailing from my home city of Boston, Emil & Friends churn out psychedelic-tropicalia-acoustic jams with fat synths and falsetto vocals. On first listen, I wanted to dance. The second listen, I wanted to grind my face on his. And the third listen, all I will say is that I needed to change my panties. Emil & Friends is gonna blow the fuck up somehow. Anyways, I'm gonna stop drooling on my keyboard and give some music links. Buy his full length, which should be out at some point this spring. This is what I hear. If it's a lie, Emil and I are gonna be in such a huge fight.

Emil & Friends - Downed Economy EP

Emil & Friends - Electric Feel (MGMT cover)

0 comments:

Post a Comment