Self-Portrait


I am seriously gay for Jay-Jay Johanson. I forgot how good he was. Seriously, what is in the water in Sweden where it's just like, EVERYONE IS TALENTED. Starting off his career in 1996 with the release of his first studio album "Whiskey", Jay-Jay has managed to craft himself a career of smart, accessible, but just arty enough where he has remained below the radar from many. His most "mainstream" appearance has been doing guest vocals for The Knife on their song "Marble House" (That's him in the second verse, not some crazy voice machine). That and he's a total babe. Leave me alone, I like skinny white dudes.

His latest album, "Self-Portrait", released in 2008, has rapidly become one of my favorite albums. Not quite trip-hop (That trend is dead, leave it alone, even Portishead hates it), not quite a full band record, it's a slinky little pop record that fits the mood just right. In fact, I fell asleep to it last night. It sort of actually caused a nightmare. Nevermind. Forget this entire post.

Jay-Jay Johanson - Automatic Lover

Jay-Jay Johanson - Autumn Winter Spring

The Knife - MArble House (ft. Jay-Jay johanson)

0 comments:

Post a Comment