Fuck Winter 2010


I do apologize for my music links being a bit wonky this week. Apparently, you've all cause SO much traffic that it's been temporarily shut down. I assume that's a good thing? It just means I'm sharing music with people who REALLY love music. Pop music, weirdo noise music, whatever. And that's what this blog is all about aka sharing things with people who'd be interested and receptive to what we're doing. So thank you guys for fucking up my Dropbox account <3.

In other news, warm weather has finally hit Chicago and everywhere around the city people are breathing a sigh of relief. Winter sucked. It was terrible. It really is the fucking one thing that never fails to send me aboard a train to shit town.

Wait, what's that you say? It's spring? AND there is new music by the handful waiting to be released? Oh shiiiittttt. These songs have popped up in the past few weeks and they've really set the mood off for THE BEST SUMMER EVER.



First up is The Pipettes! I recently gave away their teaser track "Our Love Was Saved By The Spaceman", which was an upbeat ditty about aliens erasing a bad boyfriend's mind. Where are these aliens and please help a bitch out on Earth. After losing their record deal/leaving their labels Cherrytree/Interscope AND Memphis Industries, and having about a half dozen members leave, The Pipettes are returning April 19th with the release of the "Stop The Music" single on FORTUNA POP(The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart, Allo Darlin, Tender Trap). It's a real melancholy disco romper. And by disco, I don't mean Sylvester. God I love Sylvester.

Yeasayer "ONE" By: Radical Friend from ODDBLOOD on Vimeo.


Yeasayer have released the first single and video from their second album "Odd Blood" and this is like, the exact opposite direction I'd thought they'd go towards. Their first album was really jangly with hints of pop floor madness, but they really took the concept and ran the fuck out with it. "O.N.E." is a smash (Although it's not their first mainstream entry to pop world, that would be their collab with Simian Mobile Disco on the "Audacity Of Huge" track). I'm really excited for whatever else they can think of.

I'll be back sometimes with proper links, but it's warm outside and I have the day off and frankly, I just wanna sit on my back porch and jam out. Spring 2010 is gonna be the best Spring ever. Fuck haters.

2 comments:

wolf said... / March 12, 2010 at 8:31 AM  

lucky you. I can't wait for spring to come. i think i'm going to listen to that pipettes song one more time...

Tae Young said... / March 12, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

it's a cute song. definitely an uplifting experience after like, 800 years of gross.

p.s. love your blog. those ditty bop pics are amazing.

Post a Comment