The Deep Red


I'm so excited! I'm so...scared! Okay, I'm not really scared...but Deep Red is scary good! 


Deep Red features Nomi Ruiz, Andrew Raposo, and Morgan Wiley (all of Hercules and Love Affair) and are kind of like H&LA's sort of gothic sister. Okay, so they aren't really goth at all, but their sound on the single Fun Girl is definitely darker than H&LA. Maybe it's just me, but the bassline and cadence of the song makes me think of the Smashing Pumpkins' song Zero (or the reworked version LeCastlevania did).  I somehow don't think that's what they were going for, but that's okay. 

I'm a really big fan of dance music or whatever that has a mysterious and slightly creepy feel so I have high hopes for Deep Red...and I'm pretty sure they aren't going to let me down! 

Word is Deep Red will be releasing the 12" of Fun Girl sometime soon and they are currently booking a U.S. tour, so check back for info on shows in your town! 

Here's Fun Girl and some other spooky gems! Enjoy! 


Deep Red - Fun Girl



Poni Hoax - Budapest

0 comments:

Post a Comment